I set out on this project to show how children have far to much homework. From the studies I’ve been reading, that doesn’t seem to be the case. The findings are interesting. Here is a bit of what I’ve discovered.
There more is information that I working making visual, as well as an explanation/conclusion and some ideas for improving homework time.
For research, found many types of data on the subject of LEGO like these graphs that show color usage by the company through the years…
In addition to data about LEGO there is data shown with LEGO. (Or the appearance of LEGO.)
I also looked for data displayed in ways that could be incorporated using my LEGO dataset.
I also researched the various types of graphing data since at least 3 specific types are required for this project…
The data representation I’ve started began with an Excel spreadsheet.
I translated the information in a couple of ways so far.
I’ve even made a histogram with the bricks I received. However, by taking a top down photograph like this, it is almost impossible to avoid changes in perspective along the edges. Perhaps, taking individual images of each set or scanning them would be better. I’m not sure I will use this image.
I’ve been researching various facts, lingo, and other notable information for use in the app design. A very interesting documentary can be see on Amazon Prime called “Beyond the Brick”.
During my photo sessions, I’ve taken just about every angle that can be taken; even perspective angles using museum putty to keep the brick angled. I would like to create a blueprint-like section with dimensions since I have a background in CAD but translating that to Illustrator isn’t as easy as I imagined.
I have more pictures to take. I need to take a picture of a stack that I am using for my menu. I also plan to use images of individual studs for bullets in my facts lists.